If you and your team own a verified app that uses slash commands, you will be ready to get started with the onboarding process for Premium Apps! If you have not yet met all those requirements, check out the How Do I Monetize My App? article for more information.
The onboarding flow involves a series of steps and checks that the team owner will need to ensure are completed. Onboarding checks will be made to ensure the following criteria are met:
- App must be verified
- App belongs to a Developer Team
- Team owner must be at least 18 years old
- Team must have verified emails and 2FA set up
- App uses slash commands, or has been approved for the Message Content privileged intent
- App has a link to Terms of Service
- This document is an agreement between you and users governing the use of your app.
- This document should clearly and accurately describe to users of your app the user data you collect and how you use and share such data with us and third parties, consistent with our Developer Terms of Service and Developer Policy.
- App must not contain any harmful or bad language in the name, description, commands, or role connection metadata.
- Payouts must be setup with a valid payment method
- From the Developer Portal the Team → Payout Settings page can help you get started
- Agreement to the Monetization Terms and Premium Apps Policy.
As you complete these inputs, you will see your checklist in the Eligibility Requirements reflect what has been done and what has not yet been added. Once all the requirements are fulfilled, your app will be ready to begin monetizing!
Finally, once you have completed onboarding successfully, you are ready to start adding premium features. You can do this by adding SKUs (stock-keeping units) to your app. SKUs are products that users can purchase within your app.
For more guidance on setting up SKUs review the Premium Apps SKU Setup article.
After reviewing this and other linked articles, if you have any questions about Premium Apps onboarding, please reach out to our Developer Support team!