⚠️ Currently Premium Apps are available to developers based in the US, UK, and EU but check the Supported Locales section and in the Discord Developers server for future announcements.
Once your app has been monetized with Premium Apps, your team will become eligible for payout review after the first 100 dollars is earned. If needed you can review the How Do I Monetize My App? article and set up SKUs for more information on how to get to this step in the process, or learn more about the payout process in our Monetization Terms.
Payout Eligibility Review
This payout does not happen automatically, however. A ticket will be created on behalf of the team owner, and a payout eligibility review will be conducted by Developer Support. If the app is approved for payout, Developer Support will enable payout and the team will then be able to receive payouts.
Please note that if not all criteria are met and you have the ability to remedy this, you will be given guidance on what is left to complete in order to receive payouts.
All payouts are processed through Stripe and revenue history can be viewed from your dashboard there. This dashboard can be accessed via your Team’s Developer Portal page under the Payout Settings tab.
Eligible payouts will be provided within 45 days after the end of each calendar month. For example, for Offerings purchased in January, you will receive payouts within 45 days after January 31st. An eligible payout can be defined as the first $100 earned and for the following billing cycles, in amounts greater than $25. This means that if your balance is less than $25 on time of payout, the balance is carried over to the next billing cycle until an amount of $25 or greater can be paid.
As described in our Monetization Terms, for each purchase of a Premium App Subscription you offer, you will receive 70% of the total payments from the user less applicable payment processing fees and transaction fees, with the remaining 30% as a platform fee to Discord. We may also deduct chargebacks, refunds, and associated fees from your payout.
The platform fee allows Discord to invest more money back into the developer community. This reinvestment can come in the form of improved tools, resources, and support for developers, as well as financial incentives such as grants or bonuses. By investing in the developer community, the platform can encourage further innovation and growth, ultimately benefiting both the platform and its users.
If Developer Support determines you or your app is not complying with our applicable Terms of Service, Community Guidelines, Developer Terms, and Developer Policy, your app will not be approved, and you will not be eligible, for payout.
After reviewing this and other linked articles, if you have any questions about Premium Apps payouts, please reach out to our Developer Support team!