Update: We are no longer offering the ability to purchase a license to sell PC games starting December 1, 2021. On March 1, 2022, we are sunsetting store channel functionality. You can read more at this article.
Since we’re now allowing developers to completely self serve their games on Discord servers we do have in place a set of strict guidelines that we’re asking each game to uphold in order to be sold on our platform. With each game being submitted they will go through a quick review from our Dev Support Team before you’re able to sell a game. Keep in mind that we reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of all games and to accept or reject any game at our discretion.
To break things down as basic as possible the main issues the team will be looking for are;
- Your game must be your own work. You can not submit someone else's game. You must have the rights to submit your own game.
- You must submit a game, which means that the program shouldn't be malware, spyware, or make unanticipated changes to a user's computer.
- You must accurately provide information about yourself and your game. You can not mislead us about who you are or what your game is about.
- You can not submit games with:
- Content related to minors that is sexually suggestive or overly violent
- Content that includes gambling with real-world currencies
- Content promoting or inciting real-world harm to anyone
- You shouldn't submit a piece of content that is purely to disgust or offend — games can have shocking or uncomfortable moments, but that can't be the only goal or point of the game.
- If your game contains any material not suitable for minors, you must specify that content to us upon submission.
- Games that are purely, or have a majority, of Adult Themes or NSFW content will not be accepted.
- Your game must include a way for a user to exit the game from the game itself, meaning no killing the game using task manager alone.
- Your game must be a game! We are not approving for commerce non-game related software, modifications for an existing game, etc. We will only approve for commerce a standalone videogame.