Discord believes in giving developers the ability to support themselves and their apps through monetization. To monetize apps on Discord via our Premium Apps products, developers and their apps must abide by the requirements and restrictions outlined below:
This Discord Premium Apps Policy is incorporated into the Discord Monetization Terms and you agree that it applies to your use of Premium Apps products and services. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein have the meaning assigned to them in the Monetization Terms. For clarity, the term “including” as used herein means “including without limitation”. Additionally, examples provided herein are for convenience, and should not be construed to limit the applicability of this Policy.
Please check back here regularly as we may update these policies from time to time and your continued use of Premium Apps products and services after such updates go into effect means you accept and agree to those updates. Additional terms and policies apply to your use of Premium Apps products and services, including our Terms of Service, Community Guidelines, Developer Terms, and Developer Policy.
Your Account Must Meet The Following Requirements
We look at a number of safety and security signals to determine eligibility for the app owner and members of the developer team. This is not an exhaustive list, but examples that we offer for transparency and ease of understanding:
- You must be 18 years or older.
- Your account must be in good standing. Good standing includes but is not limited to:
a. You are not actively violating any of Discord’s Terms, Guidelines, or Developer terms or policies.
b. Your account has not received a safety violation in the past 30 days.
c. Your account has not been flagged for suspicious activity usually reserved for safety, abuse, and fraud cases.
d. No outstanding dues or unpaid charges owed to Discord.
- You must have your email verified.
- You must have Two Factor Authentication enabled. Please note, you cannot remove 2FA when you have published an app on our service.
Your App Must Meet The Following Requirements
- Your app must be verified.
- Your app must not have had an ownership transfer in the last 30 days, all app ownership transfers must be reviewed and approved by Discord.
- Your app may not be bought or sold without Discord’s approval.
- Your app must be in good standing. Good standing includes but is not limited to:
a. Your app has not received a safety violation in the past 30 days.
b. Your app has not been flagged for suspicious activity usually reserved for safety, abuse, and fraud cases.
c. Your app is not actively violating Discord’s Developer Terms and Developer Policy.
You May Not Monetize Content or Apps Associated With Any Of The Following
- Intellectual property of other rights holders without written permission.
- Impersonation, unless it is clearly labeled as parody or satire.
a. Labels of parody or satire must be clearly visible to users and to Discord at all times.
- Sexually explicit content, whether hosted on Discord or linked from other services.
a. Content may not contain nudity, explicit sexual acts, or content created for the purpose of sexual gratification or arousal.
b. Exceptions for non-sexual nudity may be made for context that is educational, artistic, or newsworthy at Discord’s sole discretion.
- Facilitation, solicitation of, or participation in online dating.
- Political candidates, campaign teams, political parties, elected or appointed government officials, and/or partisan political activity.
- Exploitation of tragedy, hardship, or turmoil.
a. This includes, for example, participating in financially manipulative behavior such as price gouging and inducing artificial scarcity of necessities.
- Monetization where the stated purpose of monetization is to support a charitable endeavor.
- Promotion of pharmaceutical goods, drugs, and unsafe health practices.
a. This includes claims of medicinal benefit from supplements that have not been approved by the FDA or similar regulatory body.
- Promotion or solicitation of endangering behaviors or activities to yourself, others, or animals.
- Primary purpose of marketing, advertising, or promotional benefit of the app or of a third party, such as:
a. Third party servers,
c. Businesses, or services.
- Facilitation of gambling or gambling-adjacent activities such as:
a. Simulated casinos and their games.
- Distribution, manufacturing, sale, or promotion of sales of lethal weapons or explosives and their regulated accessories.
- Promotion or encouragement of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs such as:
a. Drug paraphernalia,
b. Displaying characters that are under the influence,
c. Depicting under age drinking,
d. Simulated alcohol games,
e. Alcohol branding,
f. Depictions of hard drug use.
- Deceptive, misleading, or manipulative financial practices such as:
a. Multi-level marketing schemes,
b. Financial scams,
c. Fraudulent behavior.
- Facilitation of financial asset transfers or securities ownership.
- Inappropriate or distasteful content.
a. Content that is inflammatory, demeaning, dangerous, misleading, or excessively violent such as:
i. Misrepresentative or manipulated content,
ii. Graphic imagery and realistic displays of crime, violence, physical trauma, execution,
iii. Content meant to shock or scare,
iv. Disgusting imagery of guts, gore, sexual fluids, human or animal waste.
- Profanity or vulgarity,
a. Including obscene uses of symbols, emojis, or gestures,
b. Emojis or gestures which contain implicit or explicit vulgarity.